Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Fighting the Winter Dolrumns

It has been a quiet couple of months for me this Winter in so far as kayak fishing goes.   With the waters all frozen over in our neck of the woods, the only fishing to be had is ice fishing.   Of course ice fishing is a great sport and a lot of people in NB love to spend time on the hard water!  Personally, I've opted to spend the majority of my free time at home getting in all the time I can with the family enjoying skiing, movie nights and such.   Perhaps by the time Spring comes they'll be sick of me and pushing me out of the house anytime I propose to go kayak fishing!



I have received a couple of very nice awards this Winter however!   First, this blog has been awarded a place in the top 30 kayak fishing blog by Feedspot, a new reader webpage that consolidates blogs and news feeds of various topics into a single user customized feed.   It is quite an honor to be named in the top 30 with a number of over very well known and notable pages on the net!

Also, I was awarded a Master Angler award for one of the shortnose sturgeon I caught and submitted to the New Brunswick Master Angler program.   This program promotes conservation, awareness and recognition of the sport we all love.   For those of you who haven't submitted your catch previously to this program, consider doing so in 2017!   For my sturgeon I received a hat, a certificate and a couple of nice patches!

Finally, as we approach the Spring, I will be making a slight adjustment to my prices to account for additional expenses such as insurance that I've have been carrying for a while now.   Insurance is expensive, and combined with other costs I need to incur in order to provide the guided fishing service, I need to adjust accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment