Thursday, December 8, 2016

2016's Best Pictures

We are well into December now and the next week of forecasted temperatures are below the freezing mark, so we may not be able to get out in the kayak without a bit of help from Mother Nature.   With that in mind it is time to put together my annual collection of favorite pictures from the past year.   Click the picture to see the full album



Overall 2016 was a great year for me in that I got to meet a lot of wonderful people both as clients, new friends and fishing companions.   I was able to kayak fish in New Brunswick, PEI, Quebec and Ontario as well as Maine and New Hampshire, and I was able to land several new species which I hadn't had an opportunity to fish for previously.


A very brief year in review, which will likely be in many ways a template for my 2017 plans:
  • Sturgeon fishing as soon as the ice melts on the river, which proved to be very early in 2016
  • Striper Fishing for a weekend on the Miramichi in May
  • Shad / trout fishing in May/June
  • Pickerel fishing as the summer moves in
  • Summer camping/kayak fishing trip through Quebec and Ontario
  • Family trip to Maine and then solo down to New Hampshire for a couple days
  • Mackerel fishing as we move into Sept/Oct
  • Back to sturgeon fishing come the start of October
In 2017 I hope to do more travels within our province to fish for bass, muskie, perhaps some lake or land locked salmon...etc.   I would also love to get out to kayak fish around Grand Manan or other such salt water areas next year.   There may be an out of province trip for me in 2017, but I haven't decided that for sure yet, depends on the finances!

I hope all of you have been able to get your fill of fishing this year, and if you were good, perhaps Santa will bring you some new gear this Christmas!    I do have a Trident 13 kayak for sale as well as gift cards for anyone looking for ideas!  ;-)

2 comments: