Thursday, March 3, 2016

Planning my Mid Life Crisis Road Trip

This July, right around my 40th birthday I'll be packing my fishing and camping gear into the Jeep and heading onto the road for 2 weeks of fishing and camping.   As planned today, it is going to be an amazing series of fishing adventures throughout Southern Ontario and Quebec!    My locations are not set in stone just yet, so if you have any advice on alternative locations or would want to join me at one or these camp sites, then be sure to let me know!

Starting on July 15th, I plan to leave home and drive to a campsite a little outside of Trois Rivieres.   Perhaps Camp Lac Bellemare, or Camping Lac Saint-Michel on the Riviere St. Maurice.   I will spend the 16th there (my birthday!) enjoying a day out in the kayak seeing what new species I may be able to find.

On the 17th I'll hit the road again making my way just North of Peterborough to fish with Mr. Ben Martin of Outdoor Action Ontario on Stoney Lake and Clear Lake.   There we will work on a little project that Ben has in the works to promote kayak fishing in Ontario.   We will fish and film for a few days there, and then again a little further west on Pigeon Lake while camping at Emily Provincial Park.

On the 21st, I'll start making my way back East, stopping first for a few days at Fitzroy Provincial Park where I'll get to fish on the Ottawa River.  Hopefully I'll find some gar or channel cats while there!

I'll leave Ontario on the 24th to hit a few provincial parks on Quebec.  First I'll visit Réserve faunique des Laurentides a little North of Quebec City.   After a few days enjoying my time there, I'll then head to another provincial park - Parc national des Hautes-Gorges-de-la-Rivière-Malbaie.    There promises to be lots of amazing kayak fishing adventures to be had in these parks!

Finally on July 30th, I'll be ready for a good sleep in my own bed and make my way back home, hopefully with lots and lots of great memories, video and pictures to share!

Well that is the first draft of my plan.  If you see any issues with what I have laid out here, or can suggest alternatives that may offer a better experience, I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. A Directory of Resorts, Lodges, Inns and Cottage Resorts for Peterborough Rice Lake, Buckhorn Ontario, Canada. pigeon lake fishing. We are a small, very unique family resort and bobcaygeon cottage rentals or bobcaygeon resorts, pigeon lake resorts, ontario resorts, Pigeon lake fishing cottage, bobcaygeon family cottage rentals, bobcaygeon vacation rentals and family cottage rentals bobcaygen all feature Cable TV, Fire Pits and Wi-Fi.

    ReplyDelete